- This event has passed.
Public Speaking Training (6 sessions)
January 14, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Learn and improve your public speaking skills!
In partnership with the Peterborough Toastmasters Club, we are offering a free training program to newcomers to help develop public speaking and presentation skills. A certificate will be provided at the end of the course.
This program will be delivered virtually using Zoom on Mondays & Thursdays from January 11. There will be five training sessions. Newcomers are expected to attend all 5 sessions (dates below) and have an Intermediate or Advanced level of English.
During this program, you will learn:
- How to come up with an idea for a speech
- How to write a speech
- Creating presentations to accompany your speech
- Public speaking – confidence, tone, length, use of stage/props, etc
- Conveying ideas
- Lots of practice!
Registration is required. Only 8 spaces available. To register and for more information, please contact Bhisham: firstname.lastname@example.org or (705) 743-0882
Sessions will be held on:
- Monday, January 11, 1:00 to 2:30
- Thursday, January 14, 1:00 to 2:30
- Monday, January 18, 1:00 to 2:30
- Thursday, January 21, 1:00 to 2:30
- Monday, January 25, 1:00 to 2:30
- A final graduation session will be determined at a later date.