- This event has passed.
Public Speaking Training Course (5-weeks)
January 22 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Wednesday, repeating until January 29, 2020
One event on February 5, 2020 at 7:00 pm
Update: December 5 – This course is now full. Please email Bhisham at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be placed on the waitlist for future Public Speaking courses.
Learn and improve your public speaking skills!
In partnership with the Peterborough Toastmasters Club, we are offering a free 5-week training program to newcomers to help develop public speaking and presentation skills. A certificate will be provided at the end of the course.
During this course, you will learn:
- How to come up with an idea for a speech
- How to write a speech
- Creating presentations to accompany your speech
- Public speaking – confidence, tone, length, use of stage/props, etc
- Conveying ideas
- Lots of practice!
Newcomers are expected to attend all 5 sessions and have an Intermediate or Advanced level of English.
Registration is required. Only 5 spaces available. To register and for more information, please contact Bhisham: email@example.com or (705) 743-0882
Sessions will be held on:
- January 8, 5:30 to 6:30 at NCC
- January 15, 5:30 – 7:30 at NCC
- January 22, 5:30 – 7:30 at NCC
- January 29, 5:30 – 7:30 at NCC
- February 5, 7:00 – 9:00 at the Lion’s Club