The New Canadians Centre Peterborough (NCC) is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to supporting immigrants, refugees and other newcomers in the Peterborough and Northumberland regions. We are governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
We strive to empower immigrants and refugees to become full and equal members of Canadian society, and to provide community leadership to ensure cultural integration in a welcoming community.
Respect, Diversity, Partnerships, Dedication
- To ease and promote the adjustment of immigrants and refugees to Canadian Culture
- To provide trained staff and appropriate facilities
- To advocate on behalf of new Canadians and to provide information and referrals
- To continually review and adjust our services to address the needs of new Canadians
- To increase the active participation of new Canadians in determining the direction of the agency
- To promote cross-cultural understanding and acceptance through education and awareness projects
- To promote fundraising projects to improve quality of community services for new Canadians