Our goal is to build capacity in and make connections between individuals and the community. Our services are guided by and support the following outcomes:
- Immigrants and refugees are aware of Canadian heritage, culture, and life in Canada
- Immigrants and refugees have active and meaningful networks in the community
- Immigrants and refugees understand and are able to navigate the Canadian system
- Immigrants and refugees have access to community and government services.
- Immigrants and refugees possess sufficient English proficiency to participate in daily life.
- Immigrants and refugees experience positive labour market outcomes
We provide free and confidential services to immigrants and refugees living in the Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton or Northumberland regions. Please click on the topics below for more information on our services including eligibility and the locations where specific services are offered:
New clients should book an intake appointment. Please bring any immigration documents you have to your first meeting. All information you provide is kept strictly confidential, and will never be shared outside of the organization without your permission.
During general office hours, you can receive basic assistance including:
- Drop off or pick up items
- Book appointments
- Register for workshops and trips
- Get information on general programs, services and events
- Access a computer, fax machine, photocopier and printer (Peterborough office only; small charges apply for long-distance calls and printing)