Our Community Connections Program supports newcomers with the following services:
We provide opportunities for clients to increase their social connections, form social networks, and gain awareness of Canadian heritage, culture and life in Canada. We offer a variety of trips (both local and within the broader region), community events, tours, and fun activities. We also offer clients the opportunity to practice their English language skills in informal settings
- Visits to Canadian cultural and heritage sites
- Social events bringing together newcomers and members of the broader community
- Women’s, youth and other social groups
- Informal conversation classes
Varies by activity. Most activities are free.
We provide clients with the opportunity to increase their social connections, practice their English language skills, prepare for the citizenship exam, and learn basic computer skills in informal settings. We make individual client and volunteer matches based on needs and interests.
- Individual tutoring for English language, citizenship test, and computer literacy
Immigrants and refugees with language score of CLB 6 or below
Commit to 1 hour weekly meetings for a period of 2 months
Welcome Pass Program
Through the Peterborough Immigration Partnership and the support of generous partner agencies, we offer clients new to the community free access to local cultural activities and gain an awareness of local Canadian heritage and culture.
- One year pass for free or discounted admission to cultural organizations in the City of Peterborough
Immigrants and refugees in Canada 5 or fewer years