You are the best neighbour a newcomer can ask for…
To our nearly 500 volunteers who support us each year, THANK YOU again and again for making our beautiful community stronger and more welcoming.
Without you and the stellar work you do, the NCC could not be the success that it is. You play such an important role in the successes that newcomers have while adjusting to their new life in Canada. The friendship, connections, resources, and outreach you provide are invaluable to our newcomer families.
You are the best neighbours a newcomer can ask for and continue to make Peterborough known for its friendly community atmosphere.
Even as we all struggle during these tough times, we are so inspired to hear that volunteers and newcomers are still finding ways to connect virtually. There are people connected to schools checking in on families they know, refugee support team volunteers dropping off extra deliveries, tutors connecting online, class facilitators moving classes to Zoom, and the sewing group connecting with local business and countless other volunteers to produce homemade caps, headbands, and masks for our hospital and frontline workers.
This week is #NationalVolunteerWeek — a week dedicated to acknowledge and appreciate the generosity and dedication of the 13 million Canadian volunteers from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
Here some things we love about volunteers at the New Canadians Centre:
– It is a blessing that we receive applications from all kinds of amazing people, whom I feel grateful to be able to meet and work with
– Our volunteers recognize that we are all stronger and happier when we are living and growing together
– You are great neighbours
– You bring a wealth of compassion, diverse experience, and positivity to our community
– You offer your skills, connections, resources, talents, and humanity
– You empower others to thrive
– Your generosity and partnership makes an unforgettable difference
– Your commitment to bridging cultures and bringing people together lights up our world and improves all of our lives
– You inspire hope and help us all imagine brighter futures
– Our volunteers show great enthusiasm, commitment, and pride to learn about the resettlement process for newcomers
– You regularly dedicate your time to volunteering and participating in activities that facilitate personal growth and professional development so that you can better help your community
– You epitomize what being Canadian is all about
At the moment, we may not be able to physically see each other. And the team at NCC miss you all so dearly. If you have photos or memories to share about your volunteer time at the NCC, please share it with us! We’d love to hear from you!
Thank you so much for standing with us in supporting newcomers! Your support means to world to us! We could’t do this work without you!
With love and appreciation,