How Will You Keep Your Love Going?

Through all the challenges of the last two years, we have never stopped working. COVID has provided us all with a glimpse of what it feels like when we can’t see and hug our nearest and dearest – when we can only connect with people we love via the internet or telephone. For new immigrants and refugees, not only are they far from many of their family and friends, but they are also navigating much that is unfamiliar – creating a new home, trying to find work, sorting out schooling for their children, and dealing with the isolation that the pandemic has created.

We are working with many people one-on-one to help them through emergencies. We’re facilitating groups online and in-person to provide meaningful connections. We’re constantly checking in with youth and adults by phone, mail, and through gatherings to combat social isolation. 

Our resolve to do more for newcomers has made us look for ways to do things differently. This is why we have partnered with Will Power, a national movement inspiring Canadians to think differently about charitable giving and support the causes they care about through a gift in their Wills. 

The New Canadians Centre is clearly close to your heart. But did you realize that you can make a large and lasting contribution to the New Canadians Centre through a gift in your Will? Without using any of the resources you need now, or taking away from loved ones. Even 1% of your estate could result in a truly powerful gift, while still leaving 99% for family and friends. 

Want to learn more? The Will Power website has resources to show you how you can turn your Will into a powerful tool for change. I have compiled a few for you here:  

Have Your Cake and Eat It Too” 
[3 minutes to read]

Your trust in our work and your support have been fundamental in helping us forge ahead. And we hope you’ll keep the love going. Please reach out if you have any questions, I would love to walk you through how a gift in your Will to the New Canadians Centre could be used. 


P.S. For more on how we use gifts in Wills at the New Canadians Centre, visit our Will Power page

If you have already included the New Canadians Centre or other charities in your Will, thank you for keeping the love going!

Maybe your friends, family or others are thinking of doing the same. 

If you feel like they’d love to learn more about legacy giving, please don’t hesitate to share this article with them.