We could not operate nor reach our goals without the generous help of our volunteers. Some benefits of volunteering with us include:
- Sharing and making a difference in someone's life
- Gaining knowledge and building your skill set
- Volunteer recognition events and training opportunities
- Making connections and learning about other cultures
Please note: From May 14 to July 15 we will not be processing regular volunteer applications as we focus on recruitment for our biggest event of the year - Multicultural Canada Day Festival.
If you would like to volunteer at the Festival on July 1, please fill out the registration form here.
We will recommence our regular volunteer program on July 16. Thank you for your patience.
Our volunteer opportunities include:
- Multicultural Canada Day Festival Volunteer
- Refugee Support Team Volunteer
- Volunteer Tutor
- Volunteer Facilitator
- Volunteer Interpreter
- Special Events Volunteer
- Board Member
To begin the volunteer application process, please complete the following:
- Volunteer Application Form - Please complete this form in as much detail as possible. This better helps us match your skill set and schedule, and is key to successful placements.
- Volunteer Reference Form – Please obtain two references and have them completed by people who know you well but are not family members. Please ask your two references to return their forms directly to NCC by mail, email or in person to our front desk.
- Oath of Confidentiality
- Abuse Prevention Policy
- Accessibility Standard
- Driver Agreement - *Only complete this if you will be driving on a Refugee Support Team
- Police check with vulnerable sector screening is required for all volunteers. We will only accept original copies of police checks that are less than one year old. Otherwise, please contact us at email@example.com with your full name as written on your identification, and a police check request letter will be issued for you to take to the police station. Please note that the police check will cost $10 for volunteers within Peterborough.
Please complete all of the documents and return them in one package to firstname.lastname@example.org, in person, or by mail to the New Canadians Centre front desk. Once all documents have been received, our staff will contact you to arrange an informal interview where we can discuss the most suitable volunteering opportunities for you.
If you do not feel you fit any of these roles, there are many other places to volunteer in the community. To start, try: